[Invisible Children Music: We firmly believe that music has a necessary role in giving social movements tremendous amounts of momentum. It is a universal language, and at Invisible Children, it's important for us to be a part of that language.]
[image from // alvarotapia]
Good day. It’s Monday.
Are you ready for some good new tunes? Got your mouse and soul ready? Remember to check out the links to support the artists too. It’s important to do that. Let us know on twitter - @invisible_music - what your favorite songs are.
GET IT HERE.
01. MUMFORD & SONS – “HOPELESS WANDERER” // All eyes are on this new record, which was released TODAY. No words are needed.
02. DAVID RAMIREZ – “AN INTRODUCTION” // Mr. Ramirez is an old friend from Austin, TX. This track is from his brand new record Apologies, with write-ups in The New York Times and other unknown publications.
03. BLAKE MILLS – “DON’T TELL ALL OUR FRIENDS ABOUT ME” // An IC Holiday Benefit show alumnus, Blake is an absolute staff favorite. The Wild Honey Pie invited him to their space to play a few songs from his upcoming record. This is one of them.
04. THE WALKMEN – “LOVE IS LUCK” // Hamilton’s vocals continue to impress me. Their new album Heaven is available now.
05. THE LUMINEERS – “SLOW IT DOWN” // If you’re unaware of this band, then you haven’t frequented Starbucks or Whole Foods or anywhere outside of your front door. We can’t stop listening.
06. CONNOR YOUNGBLOOD – “SUMMER SONG” // Speaking of summer… Conner is a recent find. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed what I’ve heard so far.