“When you come in on Monday and you’re not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you… sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?” Well, good day Monday Mini Mixtape Music Lovers. Hopefully it’s been a good start to the end of a great weekend filled with meteor showers, road trips through mountain passes with friends in a Ford F-250, cliff jumping, body surfing, and birthday shin-digs. Maybe that was just me? This mix is reminiscent of just that.
Grab Monday Mini Mixtape #27 HERE.
- BEN HOWARD “Old Pine” – This single finally made it’s way across the pond to America in April after huge success in England. It’s obvious why.
- DAN MANGAN “Robots” – An oldie (2009), this track reminds me of one of my favorite artists, Nick Drake. Enjoy.
- SHOVELS & ROPE “Birmingham” – Bringing us great folk jams from Charleston, this newly-ish formed duo (2010) made their debut to me through my good friend Keller.
- ANGUS STONE “Broken Brights” – This new release (July 2012) is a 2nd solo album split off from his normal duo with his sister Julia (Angus & Julia), an office favorite.
- THE BARR BROTHERS “Beggar In The Morning” – Don’t let the long intro force you to click “Next”. Keep listening. #delayedgratification
- MILO GREENE “1957” – From the self-titled debut album, “1957″ will immediately put a smile on your face. I discovered them through our friends at Chop Shop Music. You should know them.
- GRIZZLY BEAR “Yet Again” – This is the second single from their forthcoming fourth album, ‘Shields’. We are all dying to hear the WHOLE thing in September.
- ELLIE GOULDING ”Anything Could Happen” – Last, but not least. This might be the most anticipated record for the Fall. October can’t come fast enough.