We delivered your pledges to stop Kony to the United Nations in June, but we’re still not done with our friends at the UN. Neither is Beyonce.
The 16-time Grammy Award winner is teaming up with the UN for this year’s World Humanitarian Day to shine a spotlight on humanitarian work and encourage people around the world to get involved by helping their communities.
As part of World Humanitarian Day, Beyonce will film a music video for her song “I Was Here” at the UN General Assembly Hall in New York in front of a live audience. Check out her promo video below and get excited for the global release on August 19. We’ll post it on our blog and imagine you singing the inspiring ballad with us as we celebrate.
In the meantime, here are five steps to get involved and show your support for World Humanitarian day:
1. Visit www.whd-iwashere.org
2. Click on “Show Your Support”
3. Choose to support World Humanitarian Day via Twitter or Facebook (or both) and get the word out to your friends and followers.
4. Continue tweeting and posting in the lead-up to August 19.
5. On August 19, make your mark by doing something in your local community, and watch as everyone’s World Humanitarian Day messages are simultaneously shared around the world.