[Invisible Children Music: We firmly believe that music has a necessary role in giving social movements tremendous amounts of momentum. It is a universal language, and at Invisible Children, it's important for us to be a part of that language.]
Good morning Monday Mini Mixtape Music Lovers. As summer winds down (I said it!! Don’t hate me) I feel like this is a great mix of songs to see these last couple of weeks through. Please enjoy and let us know your fave tunes.
Grab Monday Mini Mixtape #26 HERE.
- FAMILY OF THE YEAR “Diversity” – A big feel gooder from this LA based band
- KISSED HER LITTLE SISTER “My Nature” – This song perfectly sums up my sentiments above. Thanks to FWBA for sharing… it’s one of my fave jams right now.
- THE LUMINEERS “Flowers In Your Hair” – If you make it passed Hey Ho, this band has a LOT of great songs to offer, including this gem from Daytrotter.
- BEAR MOUNTAIN “Congo” – An Animal Collective/Passion Pit feel, this song has a lot of great energy
- SEA WOLF “Old Friend” – Beautiful guitar riffs with angst ridden vox that sound like they’re striving for hope. I love bitter sweet.
- LESANDS “Easy To Please” – This San Diego based band delivered a KILLER Daytrotter session. Make sure to go to Daytrotter and subscribe for tons of original music from your favorite bands.
- RHYE “Open” – This song is just beautiful. I had to include it.