[Invisible Children Music: We firmly believe that music has a necessary role in giving social movements tremendous amounts of momentum. It is a universal language, and at Invisible Children, it's important for us to be a part of that language.]
Another Monday. Another Mixtape. This mix has a real lo-fi 50′s and 60′s vibe to it.. mostly due to my newest infatuation with Michael Rault’s music (hence the double track). Don’t ever ever ever forget to support these artists. They survive off of your commitment to purchasing their music, going to their shows, sporting their tees, etc.
Here it is Monday Mini Mixtape #22:
- Michael Rault “Call Me On The Phone” – Throwback jam that makes you want to dance in black and white.
- The Prayers “Loose Lips” – Michael’s music reminded me of an old San Diego band, now disbanded. These guys were incredible.
- Francisco The Man “Tiger” – This song just moves. It feels full and has a 60s feel to it.
- Michael Rault “I Want To Love You” – You’ve got to see the video. If it doesn’t make you want to dance then you ain’t no friend of mine.
- The Soft Pack “Beside Myself” – Another San Diego band with a fun beach vibe. This song is from one of their demos but just love it so much I had to add it in.
- Pepper Rabbit “Older Brother” – An older song (2010?) that I’ve been feeling lately. It has a heavy carelessness to it that might be more appropriate as an end-of-summer song.
- Blonds “Run” – Our PR Intern extraordinaire, Monica, introduced us to this band… full, large female vocals with a dark sound.
- Aaron Embry “Your Heart And Mine” – The one and only. Aaron used to play piano for Ed Sharpe and has recently been working on his own stuff which I’m extremely grateful for. His songs are so honest.
Make sure to share with your friends and let us know your fave tracks or suggestions for next week’s mix @invisible_music.