It’s July, it’s really hot, and a freak windstorm just knocked out your power. Now you’re bored and sweaty and you need to cool off.
Thank goodness your priorities are in order and you found a way to read this blog, because I’m about to share with you the five most awesome ways to cool down and enjoy the summer- no electricity required.
1. Cliff diving. You should really only do this if you’re a professional cliff diver. Until you get to that point, just go to your local pool and practice those twists and flips with your friends. In fact, just watch this video from Red Bull and imagine what cliff diving is like. This was a bad one to put on the list.
2. The pool. If cliff diving isn’t your thing, going to a pool with lifeguards might be more up your alley. Who doesn’t enjoy a little pool time with friends? I’m more of a water-slide kind of guy, but I know that some people really get their kicks from the high-dive. Like the fellow in the next clip.
(Man, I love Mr. Bean. CLASSIC.)
3. Do you have a burning desire to build something? Do you have a kiddy-pool and a bunch of friends? Are your parents out of town? Then maybe you should build a 60 foot water slide in your backyard.
4. If you have a family and you shudder at the idea of sending a six-year-old down a janky home-made waterslide, then maybe you should look into other options. Like a backyard obstacle course for the kids. This video is just a dad and his son having fun in their backyard after building an obstacle course with what they had available.
5. Water balloon fight. Go big or go inside.
Stay cool out there, friends.