[Invisible Children Music: We firmly believe that music has a necessary role in giving social movements tremendous amounts of momentum. It is a universal language, and at Invisible Children, it's important for us to be a part of that language.]
Kenny here. I’m back from shooting a film in Michigan with some friends (hence the amazingly summery photo on Lake Walloon in Petoskey, MI) where I had a fantastic experience that has revived and inspired me.
One of the great things about meeting new friends is the inevitable music share/trade which we get to experience here every week. There are a lot of old and new songs that will forever be immortalized with that trip… and I hope that we can immortalize some of these songs into your summer of 2012 memories. Please tweet at us if there are any songs that you’ve fallen in love with from this mix (@invisible_music).
Remember to support these artists. Buy their albums, go to their shows, add their FB pages and tweet them how much their music means to you. Keep the cycle going.
Grab Monday Mini Mixtape #21 HERE:
- San Cisco “Golden Revolver” – A great share from my friend Erin.. usually Alex is on top of the Aussie bands, but Erin beat him to the punch. Such a great summer jam.
- Wildcat! Wildcat! “The Chief” – Two words: Saxophone. Solo.
- Penguin Prison “Carousel” – He never stops bringing the jams. Get ready to feel good.
- Pure Bathing Culture “Ivory Coast” – Chilled out, laid back and serene.
- Bahamas “Lost In The Light” – This song has had me hooked since that opening guitar sound. Add in those harmonies and I’m a Bahamas-for-life-r.
- Among Savages “In The Nighttime” – Thanks to Lauren for this gem of a find.
- Passion Pit “I’ll Be Alright” – What summer is complete without dancing to Passion Pit? I wouldn’t know because I always dance to Passion Pit.. deal with it.
It’s good to be back…