I’m reeeeallly excited about this week’s mix. I know normally we have a lot of folk music in there but this mix is a lot more dancy and soulful. You can tell I’ve been spending more time on the Neon Gold blog and dancing in my car with the windows down.
For you newbies to this Mixtape series we fully believe in the power of music at IC. It’s been an essential part of every major social movement in history and so it’s essential to be a part of this one too! For a more academic article about this, my friend Vanessa wrote an incredible essay. Check it here.
We’re all about sharing here at IC, but we also are all about supporting. Be sure to check out each band’s page where you can find more music, buy albums, and check for local tour dates.
Grab Monday Mini Mixtape #10 here.
- The Neighborhood “Sweater Weather” – This. Is. The. Jam. Buttery soul vocals backed by a well produced full sound. You’ll want to go on a night cruise through the city pumping this jammer.
- Wildcat! Wildcat! “Mr. Quiche” – Another fun LA band that was brought to my attention from stalking our buds’ at Neon Gold’s blog. If you’re in LA IC is a part of an AMAZING show April 9th with HAIM as POPSHOP moves to the West Coast.
- The Shoes “Time To Dance” – Title says it all. Get ready to be singing “T-I-M-E-T-O-D-A-N-C-E” all day, all night. They also have a gnarrrly music video w Jake Gyllenhal.
- Tanlines “All Of Me” – Maybe the most feel good song on this playlist. I’ll definitely be dancing on the beach to this jammer when summer hits.
- Widowspeak “Nightcrawlers” – This is such a rad 60s sounding song. It needs to be in a Tarantino film for sure. Groovy. Thanks to Caroline for the share.
- Little Dragon “Ritual Union” – Smooth. Light. Beautiful. Sultry. So good.
- Zambri “Hundred Hearts” – Ambient 80s influence falls somewhere between a mellowed out Yeah Yeah Yeah’s and that nostalgic feeling I get when watching Top Gun. Love the synths.
- Matt Corby “Brother” – Alex has been obsessed with any music coming out of Australia. We saw Matt 2 years ago at SX and he is captivating and 100% heart. Enjoy.
Love – Kenny