Monday Mini Mixtapes are back!
For those of you new to this game, this is a chance for us to share artists with you that we LOVE: music that makes us feel and makes us move. So, you’ll get an array of fun, happy, dancey bands mixed with artists that write the most heart-wrenching-cry-yourself-to-sleep-deep-emotional-lyrics.
Music helps get us through the day so every Monday we make a minimix to help hold you over for the week.
Remember to support these artists. BUY their music so that they can keep making it.
These are the poets of our generation.
- AMBASSADORS “Weight/Lightness” – One of the funnest live shows from SXSW. Big, fun sound.
- BISON “Switzerland” – Orchestral folk with artwork as good as their tunes. A seven piece band that have a familiar feel at first listen. Great for road trips.
- DRY THE RIVER “Weights & Measures” – OBSESSED with this album. In a mixtape world I hope you go buy this album. Start to finish it’s an emotional journey. Lead singer Peter Liddle’s vocals are filled with an angelic angst that can bring a grown man to tears when coupled with lyrics like “I was prepared to love you / And never expect nothing of you. UGH.
- BEACH HOUSE “Myth” – Magical new track from one of Baltimore’s finest. New album out MAY 15th… put it in your calendars. The whole thing promises to be one of the best albums of the year.
- THE BELLE BRIGADE “Sweet Louise” – LA based brother/sister band I just got to see last night. I felt like I was in the 60s. Sweet Louise is a fun hopeless romantic love song. Lucky for you they’re on tour right now. Go see them and dance the night away.
- ST. VINCENT “Never Tear Us Apart (INXS Cover) – St. Vincent’s covers always kill me. This is no exception. She’s on tour starting April. Woohoo!
- HAIM “Go Slow” – We’ve had HAIM on here before. These ladyshredders deserve all your attention.. they’re as sweet as they are charismatic. “Go Slow” is a bit mellower than they’re other jammers and the perfect closer to this mix.